The museum publishes various booklets, books, research works, monographs, articles, catalogues and advertisements in different magazines and guides printed in Yerevan.
The museum of Yerevan history was founded in 1931. Being attached to the communal division of Yerevan City Council it was called Communal Museum and in 1936 it was renamed Yerevan History Museum.
At first the museum was located in one of the rooms on the second floor of the Yerevan Fire Department. In 1936 it was moved to the Blue Mosque (Gyoy Djami) where it functioned for about 56 years.
In 1994-1997 it was located in the building of former Hripsimeh Female Gymnasium. In 1997-2005-in the building adjacent to the secondary school n 1 after Shahumyan. In 2005 it was established in the newly built building of the Municipality of Yerevan making a unified architectural ensemble.
Reproduction and dissemination of photographs and materials is prohibited without the consent of the Yerevan History Museum Directorate.